Welcome to GLS!
Would you like to better understand how globalization, race or gender affect your everyday life? Examine the relationship of mind, brain and body? Study the history of terrorism or the ethics of food production? Explore the ecology of the North Carolina mountains? Study live theater in London or international politics at Oxford?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree at Duke University offers you a rich selection of seminars in subjects such as these within a graduate program that gives you the freedom to chart your own course of study. Flexible enough to accommodate the needs of both full-time and part-time students, the MALS degree is an opportunity to explore questions of enduring concern and contemporary urgency at one of the nation's leading institutions of higher learning. Is Graduate Liberal Studies right for you?
News & Events
- Spring 2016 Liberal Studies Courses Now Posted!More
- Ideas and Conversations - Tues, Oct 27th - Two Videos and a Conversation about Documentary Film with Rhonda Klevansky (MALS 2014)More
- Applications are now being accepted for Spring 2016 Admission!More
- Support GLS - Donate to the Endowment Fund!More
- Application Deadlines: January 30 for Fall entry; October 15 for Spring entryMore
- Dr. Tom Brothers, GLS Faculty Advisor is named a 2015 Pulitzer Finalist!More
- Graduation 2015!More
- GLS DukeSpace has launched - Learn more!More
- Student and Alumni Opportunities!More
- New Master's Project Guidelines Posted!More
- Calendar Updates for Fall 2015- Click here!More
- Stay Connected - Read about our Alumni!More