Welcome to GLS!
Would you like to better understand how globalization, race or gender affect your everyday life? Examine the relationship of mind, brain and body? Study the history of terrorism or the ethics of food production? Explore the ecology of the North Carolina mountains? Study live theater in London or international politics at Oxford?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree at Duke University offers you a rich selection of seminars in subjects such as these within a graduate program that gives you the freedom to chart your own course of study. Flexible enough to accommodate the needs of both full-time and part-time students, the MALS degree is an opportunity to explore questions of enduring concern and contemporary urgency at one of the nation's leading institutions of higher learning. Is Graduate Liberal Studies right for you?
News & Events
- Calendar Updates for Summer and FallMore
- Graduation 2014!More
- Final Project Pro-Seminar, Thursday, June 26th, 6 - 9pm - Attendance Strongly EncouragedMore
- Fall 2014 Liberal Studies Courses Now PostedMore
- Summer 2014 Liberal Studies courses now postedMore
- Oxford Summer Study Abroad~More
- Summer 2014 Study Abroad - Florence, Italy!More
- Evening Writing Seminars posted for Spring 2014More
- GLS welcomes 11 new students in Spring 2014More
- Material for New Students now postedMore
- Congratulations 2013-2014 graduatesMore
- Application Deadlines: January 30 for Fall entry; October 15 for Spring entryMore