Welcome to GLS!
Would you like to better understand how globalization, race or gender affect your everyday life? Examine the relationship of mind, brain and body? Study the history of terrorism or the ethics of food production? Explore the ecology of the North Carolina mountains? Study live theater in London or international politics at Oxford?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree at Duke University offers you a rich selection of seminars in subjects such as these within a graduate program that gives you the freedom to chart your own course of study. Flexible enough to accommodate the needs of both full-time and part-time students, the MALS degree is an opportunity to explore questions of enduring concern and contemporary urgency at one of the nation's leading institutions of higher learning. Is Graduate Liberal Studies right for you?
News & Events
- Summer 2015 Liberal Studies Courses Now Posted!More
- CANCELED - Wed, Feb 25th - LS 850 Final Project Colloquium Seminar II (MANDATORY) 6:00 -9:00 pm, GLS Conference RoomMore
- Lecture & Recital with R. Larry Todd & Marc Moskovitz- Beethoven Cello Sonatas, Thurs, March 19th 6pm, Nelson Music RoomMore
- Mon, March 23 - Evening Writing Seminar - Getting Personal: The Role of Personal Experience in Academic WritingMore
- Support GLS - Donate to the Endowment Fund!More
- 2015 Summer Study Abroad in Rome June 12 - 24th!More
- 2015 Summer Study Abroad at Oxford!More
- New Final Project Guidelines Posted!More
- GLS DukeSpace has launched - Learn more!More
- Calendar Updates for Spring - Click here!More
- Ideas and Conversations - Upcoming GLS Events!More
- Stay Connected - Read about our Alumni!More
- Application Deadlines: January 30 for Fall entry; October 15 for Spring entryMore
- Graduation 2014!More