Welcome to GLS!
Would you like to better understand how globalization, race or gender affect your everyday life? Examine the relationship of mind, brain and body? Study the history of terrorism or the ethics of food production? Explore the ecology of the North Carolina mountains? Study live theater in London or international politics at Oxford?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree at Duke University offers you a rich selection of seminars in subjects such as these within a graduate program that gives you the freedom to chart your own course of study. Flexible enough to accommodate the needs of both full-time and part-time students, the MALS degree is an opportunity to explore questions of enduring concern and contemporary urgency at one of the nation's leading institutions of higher learning. Is Graduate Liberal Studies right for you?
News & Events
- Calendar Updates for Fall - Click here!More
- Fall 2014 Liberal Studies CoursesMore
- Meet our Fall 2014 StudentsMore
- Material for New Students now postedMore
- Tuesday, Sept. 2 LS 850 Final Project Colloquium Seminar I (mandatory) 6:00-9:00 pm, GLS Conference RoomMore
- Sunday, Sept. 7 “From Idea to Proposal: Writing the Final Project” Workshop 2:00-5:30 pm, GLS Conference RoomMore
- Prospective Students Information Sessions: Tues, Sep 9, Tues, Oct 7, Tues, Nov 11 RSVP!More
- Tuesday, Oct. 21 LS 850 Final Project Colloquium Seminar II (mandatory) 6:00-9:00 pm, GLS Conference RoomMore
- Graduation 2014!More
- Application Deadlines: January 30 for Fall entry; October 15 for Spring entryMore