Welcome to GLS!
Would you like to better understand how globalization, race or gender affect your everyday life? Examine the relationship of mind, brain and body? Study the history of terrorism or the ethics of food production? Explore the ecology of the North Carolina mountains? Study live theater in London or international politics at Oxford?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree at Duke University offers you a rich selection of seminars in subjects such as these within a graduate program that gives you the freedom to chart your own course of study. Flexible enough to accommodate the needs of both full-time and part-time students, the MALS degree is an opportunity to explore questions of enduring concern and contemporary urgency at one of the nation's leading institutions of higher learning. Is Graduate Liberal Studies right for you?
News & Events
- Support GLS - Donate to the Endowment Fund!More
- Oxford Study Abroad Info Session - Monday, January 26th 6pm, GLS houseMore
- 2015 Summer Study Abroad at Oxford!More
- 2015 Summer Study Abroad in Rome June 12 - 24th!More
- Summer 2015 Liberal Studies Courses Now Posted!More
- Reading and Reception with Melissa Malouf - Thurs, Feb 12th, 6pm, McClendon CommonsMore
- Mon, Feb 9th - Evening Writing Seminar - Clearing Away the Writing Blocks: Strategies for Invention and AnalysisMore
- Lecture & Recital with R. Larry Todd - Beethoven Cello Sonatas, Thurs, March 19th 6pm, Nelson Music RoomMore
- GLS DukeSpace has launched - Learn more!More
- Calendar Updates for Spring - Click here!More
- Ideas and Conversations - Upcoming GLS Events!More
- Application Deadlines: January 30 for Fall entry; October 15 for Spring entryMore
- Material for New Students now postedMore
- Graduation 2014!More