Funding for your graduate education is available through the Graduate Liberal Studies program, student loans and other outside support, including employer assistance. We recommend that you also consult the Graduate School website to research funding avenues that might be open to you.
GLS students may receive some form of aid towards their courses via one or more of the following options:
- Partial scholarships funded by GLS are need-based awards for tuition only.
- To be considered for a GLS scholarship, applicants to the program must complete the online scholarship application as part of the admission process. The deadlines for new students are January 31 for fall semester admission and October 1 for spring semester admission. Matriculated students will continue to receive scholarship at the rate they were awarded at admission.
- GLS Scholarships to students who are Duke employees will be awarded on the calendar year, in accordance with the Employee Tuition Assistance Program schedule. Duke employee scholarship applications must be received by December 1st. Click here for the Duke Employee online scholarship application
Many employers provide some level of tuition assistance for higher education.
- Duke Tuition Assistance Program - Duke employees who have completed two years of service may be eligible for a tuition benefit. Contact the Duke Human Resources Office for more information.
Qualified students may apply for federal and private loans to finance part or all of their education. For a side-by-side comparison of federal and private loans and a list of recommended private lenders, see the Duke Financial Aid page.
Other Forms of Support for Graduate Students
- Work Study https://financialaid.duke.edu/work-study
- DukeList for on- and off-campus jobs http://dukelist.duke.edu/
- Veterans Resources https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/veterans
- Experiential Opportunities for Graduate Students through the Career Center (including internships): https://studentaffairs.duke.edu/career/online-tools-resources/experiential-opportunities-duke/experiential-opportunities-graduate